Lounge on Arrival EDI

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:52 am
Ambassador: Emirates
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: QF P1 + LTS, EK Gold, BAEC Gold, QR Gold, IHG Ambassador
Lounge on Arrival EDI

I will be hopping off a CE flight into EDI and have the requisite credentials to use the lounge normally. I need to take a teams call and wonder if I can use the EDI lounge on arrival?

This is particular somewhat to EDI as you deplane into Hoi Polloi of the departures lounge anyway, so it would be a case of turning right and not having to pass security other than the dragons.

any advice?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It’s not an arrival lounge. You can only use it if you have a flight departing EDI.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 12:58 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by KARFA
It’s not an arrival lounge. You can only use it if you have a flight departing EDI.
Thanks. Quirk of QF is that you can use the lounges on domestic routes without a departing flight (just same day travel).
nancypants likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:03 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
You can't use the lounge on arrival at Glasgow, you even walk right past the lounge on the way out so would be suprised if you could at Edinburgh.
GlasgowBlue likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
EDI is a fairly busy airport, except late at night, so I think you would struggle to find a quiet spot for a Teams call. Maybe an unused gate, if you're lucky. Otherwise, and landside, maybe a stairwell area in the multi-storey car park?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:30 am
Original Poster
IHG Contributor Badge

I should note that I was talking about domestic QF lounges!

Will see if they can tell me the rules on the door. Never hurts to ask.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sydtogla
I should note that I was talking about domestic QF lounges!

i wouldn't bother asking. BA rules are very clear on this one, you are wasting your time. I am not sure what QF lounges have to do with anything.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:41 am

Surely the far easier option here is to move the call to when you can use the Lounge at LHR with a proper business centre.

Domestics after all can be prone to creeping delays.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
What was the point of this thread then?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 1:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
I have never found the timing of domestic flights reliable enough to be able to plan important must take calls immediately after I get off one.

As has been mentioned you are not entitled access to the lounge at EDI. the agent at the door will scan your boarding pass and it will flash up road. then everyone is in an embarassing position.

I would recommend rethinking your plan
Blenheim and PGberkshire like this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:09 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Definitely no access, just to pile on. There is just one arrival lounge in BA's entire network, and it's not in EDI. I suspect the staff get a bit fed up with people trying it on, so I don't agree with the last sentence.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
EDI is a fairly busy airport, except late at night, so I think you would struggle to find a quiet spot for a Teams call. Maybe an unused gate, if you're lucky. Otherwise, and landside, maybe a stairwell area in the multi-storey car park?
Similarly, was trying to think of a quiet spot, about the quietest bit I usually see is the baggage reclaim hall but I imagine it gets busier as more people come off the plane.
Perhaps one of the shelters at the far end of the Tram platform?

Personally I would just be in a taxi trying to get to my destination asap or in my own car and could take a Teams call from there.
Unless it's the first flight of the day the chances of you being off at the expected time and able to hold a scheduled call after LHR-EDI must be close to zero!
Old Apr 25, 2024, 2:30 am

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Similarly, was trying to think of a quiet spot, about the quietest bit I usually see is the baggage reclaim hall but I imagine it gets busier as more people come off the plane.
Perhaps one of the shelters at the far end of the Tram platform?
I was also struggling, almost every other UK airport I know a quiet spot, but it occurred to me that EDI is monumentally busy for an airport all over. Other areas I discarded were - the stairwell from the tram side for Fast Track / bridge from multi-storey - but that's not a good look if you are not actually departing. The Ryanair check-in area at the other end of the building, furthest from the tram has has quiet areas down the side, but people always arrive early for FR check-in and they won't take bags in before 2 hours to departure - and you can rely on some noisy kids in there somewhere. Airside the landing between Aspire and Plaza lounges - too small and too busy. Right at the end of the new pier extension (long and tedious walk).
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Walk to the Moxy/Hampton Inn and sit in the lobby/bar?
Old Apr 25, 2024, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by SonTech
You can't use the lounge on arrival at Glasgow, you even walk right past the lounge on the way out so would be suprised if you could at Edinburgh.
I've often wondered if I could pop in to the GLA lounge on arrival when I have a return flight later that day. I believe I could even if my return flight wasn't until the evening. Then go about my day in Glasgow before returning to lounge later.

Why, you may ask? Indeed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.